From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing on a Mini ATX
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:37:42
1 On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 14:04 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Frank Schafer schreef:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I have a Mini ATX board without floppy and CD-ROM. I have a running LFS
6 > > installed on this server.
7 > > It has a 20GB HDD with 2 partitions and 2 network connections (Ethernet
8 > > and WiFi).
9 > >
10 > > Is there some way to copy the LifeCD content to the second partition of
11 > > this disk, boot from this partition and install Gentoo on the first
12 > > partition?
15 > > Thanks in advance
16 > > Frank
17 > >
18 > > PS: Well there are 4 partitions, (for boot, swap ans 2 native linux
19 > > partitions ;)
22 > If the LFS install is running, you can install Gentoo from within that
23 > (see the Alternative Installation Guide at
24 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml ). In that case, you can
25 > just download whatever Stage file you need, without need for the LiveCD
26 > at all.
27 >
28 > Or you could boot the Live CD from a networked machine (I assume you
29 > have two network cards for a reason, so they must connect to something
30 > :) ) and run the Live CD from that, I think-- I don't know how to do a
31 > network install, but I'm sure there must be a way.
32 >
33 > HTH,
34 > Holly
35
36 Nice reading ...
37
38 5.8.
39 ... Mount /proc to your diskless directory and chroot into it to
40 continue with the install.
41
42 We are chrooting into /proc ??? ;)
43
44 6.
45 ...untar the tarball that is mounted...
46
47 We can mount tarballs ??? ;)
48
49 So far, so god. Thanks for the replies. Making /mnt/gentoo and mount the
50 CD via NFS could do the trick.
51
52 Regards
53 Frank