From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing on a Mini ATX
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:10:16
1 Frank Schafer schreef:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have a Mini ATX board without floppy and CD-ROM. I have a running LFS
5 > installed on this server.
6 > It has a 20GB HDD with 2 partitions and 2 network connections (Ethernet
7 > and WiFi).
8 >
9 > Is there some way to copy the LifeCD content to the second partition of
10 > this disk, boot from this partition and install Gentoo on the first
11 > partition?
14 > Thanks in advance
15 > Frank
16 >
17 > PS: Well there are 4 partitions, (for boot, swap ans 2 native linux
18 > partitions ;)
21 If the LFS install is running, you can install Gentoo from within that
22 (see the Alternative Installation Guide at
23 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml ). In that case, you can
24 just download whatever Stage file you need, without need for the LiveCD
25 at all.
26
27 Or you could boot the Live CD from a networked machine (I assume you
28 have two network cards for a reason, so they must connect to something
29 :) ) and run the Live CD from that, I think-- I don't know how to do a
30 network install, but I'm sure there must be a way.
31
32 HTH,
33 Holly
34 --