From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} method for graphing server stuff?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:20:02
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:24:35 -0800 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > I was thinking it would be pretty handy to generate a series of
6 > transposed (or not) graphs for data like cpu usage, mysql usage,
7 > memory usage, external monitoring response times, http traffic, etc.
8 > My external monitoring service has an API I can hook into and http
9 > traffic is logged to mysql so I'm thinking I have good access to the
10 > data, but I need a way to tie it all together into a useful
11 > presentation. Is there a good package for this?
12
13 I think net-analyzer/rrdtool will probably come close to this. It's
14 used by many other solutions, so you'll find a lot of examples on the
15 Web.
16
17 -hwh
18 --