From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} method for graphing server stuff?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 00:07:27
1 On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 19:10 +0100, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:24:35 -0800 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I was thinking it would be pretty handy to generate a series of
7 > > transposed (or not) graphs for data like cpu usage, mysql usage,
8 > > memory usage, external monitoring response times, http traffic, etc.
9 > > My external monitoring service has an API I can hook into and http
10 > > traffic is logged to mysql so I'm thinking I have good access to the
11 > > data, but I need a way to tie it all together into a useful
12 > > presentation. Is there a good package for this?
13 >
14 > I think net-analyzer/rrdtool will probably come close to this. It's
15 > used by many other solutions, so you'll find a lot of examples on the
16 > Web.
17
18 +1 to rrdtool. At my company, we set up rrdtool to graph 100's of
19 graphs per day on all sorts of data from different sources. It's very
20 customisable, if you want to spend the time on it. I also found the
21 creator and forum very supportive.
26 Oh my God, someone's trying to kill me! Oh wait, it's for Bart.
27
28 -- Homer Simpson
29 Cape Feare
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list