From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} method for graphing server stuff?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:14:53
1 > > > I was thinking it would be pretty handy to generate a series of
2 > > > transposed (or not) graphs for data like cpu usage, mysql usage,
3 > > > memory usage, external monitoring response times, http traffic, etc.
4 > > > My external monitoring service has an API I can hook into and http
5 > > > traffic is logged to mysql so I'm thinking I have good access to the
6 > > > data, but I need a way to tie it all together into a useful
7 > > > presentation. Is there a good package for this?
8 > >
9 > > I think net-analyzer/rrdtool will probably come close to this. It's
10 > > used by many other solutions, so you'll find a lot of examples on the
11 > > Web.
12 >
13 > +1 to rrdtool. At my company, we set up rrdtool to graph 100's of
14 > graphs per day on all sorts of data from different sources. It's very
15 > customisable, if you want to spend the time on it. I also found the
16 > creator and forum very supportive.
17
18 Is it difficult to plug in data from sources different sources?
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list