From: Jean-Marc Beaune <jm.beaune@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDM: Keyboard problems after X update
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:11:07
1 Hi,
2
3 Did emerge told you to update some config files?
4
5 /JM
6
7 On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
8
9 > Hi there!
10 >
11 > I'm in the middle of a world update, but X stuff seems to be updated now.
12 > The problem is that the keyboard does not work as before.
13 >
14 > It's a german keyboard. Here are expected keys, and the results:
15 >
16 > ß \
17 > ö [
18 > ä ]
19 > ü @
20 >
21 > Keys like @ (Alt-Gr q), | (Alt-Gr <) and ~ (Alt-Gr +} do not work at all.
22 > Same goes for console switching via Ctrl-Alt-Fn.
23 >
24 > There is a warning message in the X log, I assume this has to do with it:
25 >
26 > [...]
27 > (**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
28 > (**) Keyboard0: Core Keyboard
29 > (**) Option "Protocol" "standard"
30 > (**) Keyboard0: Protocol: standard
31 > (**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
32 > (**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
33 > (**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "xorg"
34 > (**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
35 > (**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "pc105"
36 > (**) Option "XkbLayout" "de"
37 > (**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "de"
38 > (**) Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
39 > (**) Keyboard0: XkbVariant: "nodeadkeys"
40 > (**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
41 > (**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
42 > (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
43 > (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
44 > (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "NVIDIA Event Handler" (type:
45 > Other)
46 > (WW) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
47 > [...]
48 >
49 > There are quite some references to this message, but many are unresolved.
50 > Someone installed xkbutils, this did not help me, and I do not see why it
51 > should. Some people xmodmap a lot, but this would be a workaround, while
52 > I am interested in a cleaner solution.
55 > The weird thing is that this happens only when using KDM, not if I startx
56 > from the text console. Does this ring a bell for someone?
59 > Section "InputDevice"
60 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
61 > Driver "kbd"
62 > Option "XKbModel" "pc105"