From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How Bad Is This...?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:59:59
1 On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Bob Young wrote:
2 > I'm in the process of installing a new box, last night before going
3 > to bed I started installing xorg server. This morning, I found the
4 > 82nd build (out of 162) had failed with the following error:
5
6 <snip>
7
8 > 36 -rwxr-xr-x 1 NormalUser Domain Admins 36364 Apr 19 2007
9
10 <snip>
11
12 > Okay, so my question is how bad is it?
13
14 It's very bad. It indicates file system corruption on the ReiserFS. In
15 my experience, I have never seen this to be followed by a clean
16 recovery.
17
18 You can try reiser.fsck with --rebuild-tree (after suitably enough
19 research and googling) and see what gives.
20
21 Sorry for the bad news.
24 > Is there anyway to shutdown cleanly?
25
26 'shutdown -h now' ?
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com