From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How Bad Is This...?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:23:26
1 On Mittwoch, 16. April 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > It's very bad. It indicates file system corruption on the ReiserFS. In
5 > my experience, I have never seen this to be followed by a clean
6 > recovery.
7 >
8 > You can try reiser.fsck with --rebuild-tree (after suitably enough
9 > research and googling) and see what gives.
10
11 only after checking the harddisk. Because if --rebuild-tree runs into bad
12 blocks or other hardware damage, he is really screwed.
15 > Sorry for the bad news.
16 >
17 > > Is there anyway to shutdown cleanly?
18 >
19 > 'shutdown -h now' ?
20
21 that won't work in his case.