From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Where to get qmake for qt3?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 20:18:43
1 On 07/01/2010 10:21 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2010-07-01, Nils Larsson<ni1s@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >>> Where do I find qmake 3?
4 >>
5 >> I assume qt3 and whatever deps. it needs are available through the
6 >> kde-sunset overlay.
7 >
8 > Two questions:
9 >
10 > 1) What do the qt3support use flag and the qt-qt3support package do?
11 > I had assumed that they enabled qt3 support, but apparently not?
12
13 qt3support is a Qt4 aid that helps in porting Qt3 applications to Qt4.
14 It does not provide a full Qt3 library.
17 > 2) Is there any documentation on how to use Qt3 from the kde-sunset
18 > overlay? The only thing I could find was on how to use KDE 3.5
19 > instead of KDE 4.
20 >
21 > I'm not interested in KDE, and I want to keep the normal Qt4
22 > install -- I just have a single Qt3 (not KDE) app that I need to
23 > build from sources.
24
25 You just add the overlay with layman and "emerge qt:3".