From: Matthew Finkel <Matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tethering an htc incredible
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:04:33
1 On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Tethering with a blackberry via USB (using the BB as a USB modem)
5 > is extremely easy, not sure why your HTC is so stubborn...
8 Yea, I have the Nexus S, and it's pretty much as close to plug-n-play as
9 I've found on linux...
10 These are the steps I take in order to get usb tethering to work:
11 1) Plug the phone into the computer via usb cable
12 2) From the Setting->Wireless & netwoks submenu I enable USB Tethering
13 3) I wait until the device settles (just monitor dmesg)
14 4) After it's ready, ifconfig will show an available but non-configured
15 device (usb0 in my case)
16 5) I run "dhclient usb0" and once it pulls an IP, I'm up and running.
19 When you plug in your phone to tether it, do you see any error messages in
20 the logs?