From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] claws mail question
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:51:21
1 I am trying out claws, and so far it looks pretty good, but as you may
2 be able to see, I'm still using evo :) There is (so far) only one thing
3 that lets claws down, hopefully someone can show me how to do it:
4
5 Virtual folders. Because I have thousands of messages at work and at
6 home, and I frequently need to find messages from months or even a
7 couple of years ago for contractual reasons, I heavily use virtual
8 search folders in evolution.
9
10 It's essentially the claws "search folder" option, but the results are
11 put in a new folder. The differences are:
12 1. Results are kept across program restarts - no need to enter the
13 search terms every time
14 2. Results are placed by themselves - not interspersed with all
15 other messages in the original folder
16 3. Results are updated on the fly - as soon as a message is
17 changed / arrives in the original folder, it appears in the
18 virtual folder
19 4. Changes to the message in the virtual folder (delete, mark, etc)
20 apply to the real message
21 5. Works with _any_ selection of real folders (imap, pop, whatever
22 you have)
23
24 Is there anything that can do this? I found "matrix", but it doesn't do
25 3, 4, or 5 (only works on maildir, not imap). I can't find anything
26 else...
27
28 TIA,
32 A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
33 undreamed of by its author.
34 -- S. C. Johnson
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list