From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: claws mail question
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 04:01:36
1 On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:20:27 +0930
2 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3
4 > I heavily use virtual search folders in evolution.
5 >
6 > It's essentially the claws "search folder" option, but the results are
7 > put in a new folder.
8
9 I think the closest thing Claws has to what you want is its tags
10 feature. You can create filtering or processing rules to tag the
11 messages.
12
13 > The differences are:
14 > 1. Results are kept across program restarts - no need to enter
15 > the search terms every time
16
17 The tags will remain across restarts.
18
19 > 2. Results are placed by themselves - not interspersed with all
20 > other messages in the original folder
21
22 With tags, the messages are only in the original folder, but it's quick
23 to see only the messages with a particular tag by using the search box,
24 by default in between the message list and the message viewer.
25
26 > 3. Results are updated on the fly - as soon as a message is
27 > changed / arrives in the original folder, it appears in the
28 > virtual folder
29
30 With filtering, the tags would be applied as messages arrive. I'm not
31 sure how to make something happen when a message changes, except to
32 manually force re-filtering or re-processing.
33
34 > 4. Changes to the message in the virtual folder (delete, mark,
35 > etc) apply to the real message
36 > 5. Works with _any_ selection of real folders (imap, pop,
37 > whatever you have)
38
39 I think the tags will work with any kind of message, but I only have
40 IMAP and NNTP configured.
41
42 > Is there anything that can do this? I found "matrix", but it doesn't
43 > do 3, 4, or 5 (only works on maildir, not imap). I can't find
44 > anything else...
45
46 Tags may be more flexible than I've described (I'm no Claws guru) or
47 there may be better ways to do something like what you want. If you
48 don't get quite what you want here, the Claws Mail ml is pretty good,
49 <http://www.claws-mail.org/MLs.php?section=community>.
52 »Q«
53 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.
57 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list