From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Has semantic-desktop really become compulsatory for kmail?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:02:21
1 On 2/12/2010 10:14 AM, Zeerak Waseem wrote:
2
3 > But then the question isn't whether there are a number of soft
4 > dependencies, but in the case of semantic-desktop whether -it- is a soft
5 > dependency. Like previously stated, I don't use kmail, nor do I intend
6 > to (I at least think I mentioned it). This is just my take on the matter
7 > of whether it is truly necessary, or even a good idea to have
8 > symantic-desktop as a hard dependency.
9
10 No, it's not a soft dependency. Yes, it's a hard
11 dependency. Yes, it's a good idea. Yes, it's necessary.
12 No, no amount of pointless whining about "bloat" is going to
13 change things.
14
15 If you want to use KDE-4 applications, you use semantic
16 desktop. If you don't want to use semantic desktop, you
17 don't use KDE-4 applications.
18
19 Yay for choice.
20