From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:41:38
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2
3 >On 10/30/05, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >>I did see a forum once that lets you put the posts in reverse order, most
7 >>recent at the top. I would sort of like that. I'm on a very slow dial-up
8 >>and I can likely read the new post before the rest of the page can even load
9 >>up.
13 >That wasn't the default setting, was it? :) It's for people with special needs.
14 >
15 >Another thing, plain text message might save you precious bandwidth,
16 >:) especially for dial-up users.
20 >>I'm not a rocket scientist but I can usually remember what's going on in a
21 >>thread or list like this one. If I don't remember it, then I wasn't
22 >>following it anyway.
26 >So you don't pick up threads half way? Nor do you search list archives? Hmmm
30 >>How you like this on the bottom? LOL
34 >Progress, :) Trimming will make it even clearer, and reader friendly.
38 What is trimming? Now I am middle posting.
39
40 >-- Joe
41 >
42 >--
43 >There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
44 >Those who can count, and those who can't.
45 >
46 >Money can't buy everything.
47 >Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
52 My reply is up a little bit below your Progress meter. LOL Crap I need
53 broadband. :(
54
55 Dale