From: Rod <snaketails@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:40:12
1 Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2
3 > 2006/12/31, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net>:
4 >
5 >> On Sunday 31 December 2006 05:38, "Chuanwen Wu" <wcw8410@×××××.com>
6 >> wrote
7 >> about '[gentoo-user] install CD of Hewlett-Packard server':
8 >> > I want to install gentoo in my Hewlett-Packard server.It's my first
9 >> > time to install linux in a server.I want to know that which *.iso I
10 >> > should download and burn into the CD?
11 >>
12 >> HP has sold (at least) 2 different architectures in their server lines.
13 >> What CPU does the system have, or if you don't know, what's the model
14 >> number?
15 >
16 > The cpu is Intel 3.0G,Dual core.
19 You will want the Live ISO image for a x86 install.
20
21 The HPPA won't run on x86, but it will run on he PA8000 cpu arch,
22 the same CPU as the HP Visualize C180 I have sitting here.
23
24 The Intel 3.0G Dual Core? Hmmm, that would be the 3.0G -D
25 processor, as I don't know of any "Duo Core" hitting or exceeding 3GHz,
26 I have a E6600 Duo core, and it will run the x86-32 and x86-64 arch's
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list