From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 4.x and (probably) event issues
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:47:02
1 Roman Dobosz <gryf73 <at> op.pl> writes:
2
3 > 2. This one is more annoying. After boot to the new shiny 4.x kernel,
4 > devices connected via the usb seems to have aggressive power safe mode.
5 > For example - if I typing for a while everything is fine, if I stop for
6 > a couple of seconds, and then start to type, for approximately 2 seconds
7 > there is no response from the device, and after that i can type again.
8 > Note, that during those 2s no buffering is done, so whatever I'm typing
9 > in this short period, is lost. Same goes to the mouse movement and
10 > buttons.
11
12 You might want to install
13 sys-apps/udevil
14
15 and see how your usb devices perform.
16 It's an idea to test, not a guarranteed solution.
17
18 hth,
19 James