From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev-197: what to do -- S0LVED
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:21:17
1 Am 15.02.2013 20:07, schrieb Alex Schuster:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger writes:
3 >
4 >> # cat /proc/version
5 >> Linux version 3.6.11-gentoo
6 >> # zgrep -i devtm /proc/config.gz
7 >> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
8 >> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
9 >>
10 >> # mount | grep tmpfs
11 >> udev on /dev type devtmpfs
12 >> (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=493463,mode=755)
13 >> tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755)
14 >> shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
15 >> cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs
16 >> (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
17 >>
18 >> I should edit /etc/fstab, I assume:
19 >>
20 >> # grep tmpfs /etc/fstab
21 >> # glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
22 >> # (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
23 >> shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
24 >
25 > I still have this line in my fstab on one host...
26 >
27 >> Same "mistake" as I mentioned a few days before ... the syntax seems to
28 >> have changed to:
29 >>
30 >> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
31 >>
32 >> Right?
33 >
34 > ... but I don't have it at all on another. /dev/shm is mounted just fine
35 > though.
36 > CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT seems to be responsible for that, although the help
37 > text says that it does not work when using an initramfs, which I do:
38 >
39 > CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT:
40 >
41 > This will instruct the kernel to automatically mount the devtmpfs
42 > filesystem at /dev, directly after the kernel has mounted the root
43 > filesystem. The behavior can be overridden with the commandline parameter:
44 > devtmpfs.mount=0|1.
45 > This option does not affect initramfs based booting, here the devtmpfs
46 > filesystem always needs to be mounted manually after the roots is mounted.
47 > With this option enabled, it allows to bring up a system in rescue mode
48 > with init=/bin/sh, even when the /dev directory on the rootfs is
49 > completely empty.
50
51 I just keep that fstab-line for now ... thanks for your explanation!
52
53 Right now I already upgraded udev and I am currently rebuilding lvm2 and
54 libvirt (first one needed, 2nd one not important anymore on that box).
55
56 Should I restart udev before I reboot? For a test ... ?
57
58 # dmesg | grep udevd
59
60 only shows version 171 right now ...
61
62 -
63
64 I was already able to test for the shiny new network name for the NIC:
65
66 # cat /root/bin/udev_testing.sh
67 #!/bin/bash
68 #network name testing
69
70 for i in /sys/class/net/*; do
71 echo "==$i"
72 udevadm test-builtin net_id "$i";
73 echo
74 done 2>/dev/null
75
76 ----> enp2s0 instead of eth0
77
78 I don't really care about using that new naming ... doesn't matter to me
79 right now.
80
81 AFAI understand things won't change if I don't touch the udev-rules?
82
83 -
84
85 revdep-rebuild is through now ... no more /lib64/libudev.so.0 needed ...
86
87 Thanks, Stefan