From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev-197: what to do -- S0LVED
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:07:57
1 Stefan G. Weichinger writes:
2
3 > # cat /proc/version
4 > Linux version 3.6.11-gentoo
5 > # zgrep -i devtm /proc/config.gz
6 > CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
7 > CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y
8 >
9 > # mount | grep tmpfs
10 > udev on /dev type devtmpfs
11 > (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=493463,mode=755)
12 > tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755)
13 > shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
14 > cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs
15 > (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
16 >
17 > I should edit /etc/fstab, I assume:
18 >
19 > # grep tmpfs /etc/fstab
20 > # glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for
21 > # (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
22 > shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
23
24 I still have this line in my fstab on one host...
25
26 > Same "mistake" as I mentioned a few days before ... the syntax seems to
27 > have changed to:
28 >
29 > tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
30 >
31 > Right?
32
33 ... but I don't have it at all on another. /dev/shm is mounted just fine
34 though.
35 CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT seems to be responsible for that, although the help
36 text says that it does not work when using an initramfs, which I do:
37
38 CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT:
39
40 This will instruct the kernel to automatically mount the devtmpfs
41 filesystem at /dev, directly after the kernel has mounted the root
42 filesystem. The behavior can be overridden with the commandline parameter:
43 devtmpfs.mount=0|1.
44 This option does not affect initramfs based booting, here the devtmpfs
45 filesystem always needs to be mounted manually after the roots is mounted.
46 With this option enabled, it allows to bring up a system in rescue mode
47 with init=/bin/sh, even when the /dev directory on the rootfs is
48 completely empty.
49
50 Alex