From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of MUA
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:43:15
1 On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 19:26:56 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > This week I tried Claws-mail. Creating and populating an MH folder
4 > > > structure for it from my KMail directory were easy, and it looked as
5 > > > though it would make a good alternative to KMail. But I can't do
6 > > > anything without the mouse! And scrolling operates in the message
7 > > > list instead of the message.
8 > >
9 > > The cursor keys scroll the message list. Use Return to scroll the
10 > > message a line at a time, space for a page at a time. Add shift to
11 > > scroll up.
12 > >
13 > > Use tab to switch active panes. Keyboard control is, for me, the
14 > > weakest point of Claws, but it is a lot better than you think.
15 >
16 > When the curse of Kmail2 was released upon us I migrated to Claws in
17 > the hope that it would work for me. I gave it a month and a half, then
18 > went back to Kmail, for the same frustrations Peter shared.
19
20 About the only thing I need the keyboard for in Claws is to highlight
21 text to be quoted in a reply. The scrolling thing is just a matter of
22 using a different key, Return instead of Down.
23
24 The scripting abilities, plugins and rock solid stability (even when I
25 was using CVS versions for the last few years) more than make up for
26 having to relearn one key binding.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Capt'n! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!