From: "Eric S. Johansson" <esj@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] curious thing with net.eth0
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:11:04
1 updated a couple of machines to 2005.1+ sometime in the past month.
2 Everything went fine or so I thought. Had to reboot one of the machines
3 today. It wouldn't boot. Everything started okay or so it seemed
4 except eth0 wasn't present. The module was compiled in the kernel, the
5 configuration was the same as it had been for a long time.
6
7 The problem was /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and /etc/init.d/net.lo were the
8 same. The net.eth0 code was overwritten with the lo code.
9
10 This happened on two machines and I'm wondering how it happened? Did
11 something go wrong in the emerge process? There's no sign of any attackers.
12
13 ideas?
14
15 --- eric