From: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nicolas Sebrecht <nsebrecht@×××××.fr>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev + /usr
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:31:48
1 The 17/09/11, pk wrote:
2
3 > dbus is installed in my system, but only because I run Xfce4 (I am
4 > thinking of installing something else due to it's becoming bloated just
5 > like gnome). And I have "-dbus" in my global make.conf.
6 >
7 > PS. I am quite astonished at the fact that I have a computer that is
8 > _way_ faster than the first machine I installed GNU/Linux (an Amiga 4000
9 > with a 68040 cpu at 40Mhz) on but the "experience" is still the same; it
10 > takes about the same time to boot, the same time (or even slower) to
11 > load a program. It seems the faster the computer the more I have to wait
12 > for it to finish some task. Contradictory, no? Wonder why that is...
13 > (bloat?).
14
15 Believe it or not but I bet you're not doing the same tasks with your
16 modern machine and could just not run the user-end software you use
17 today on a Amiga 4000 with a 68040 cpu at 40Mhz because they learn new
18 feature since then.
19
20 Bloat?
23 Nicolas Sebrecht