From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:55:42
1 On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 03:45:53 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I decided to do a fresh install on the larger drive. I sort of like to
4 > brush up every once in a while. I got to the point where I want to do a
5 > emerge -e system then copy my world file over and finish it up. It
6 > appears that the stage3 tarball is in a state where not much can be
7 > upgraded. Every time I try to update something, I get a list of blocks,
8 > either packages or USE flags.
9
10 I've seen that if you switch to ~arch and make wholesale USE flag
11 changes. I think I avoided most of it by switching arch, doing emerge -e
12 system or world and then changing USE flags.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Why marry a virgin? If she wasn't good enough for the rest of them, then
19 she isn't good enough for you.