From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:47:12
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 00:03:44 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, that is one of the things I want to change. I have several
5 >> reasons for wanting to change this mess. One is a file system change
6 >> and the other is to use LVM for stuff. I basically want LVM for
7 >> everything but root itself and /boot of course.
8 >
9 > If you're already using an initramfs to mount /usr, you may as well put
10 > root on LVM too and let it mount that too. Alternatively, have a small /,
11 > a few hundred MB, and no separate /boot.
16 That could be a good idea. I got other issues right now.
17
18 I decided to do a fresh install on the larger drive. I sort of like to
19 brush up every once in a while. I got to the point where I want to do a
20 emerge -e system then copy my world file over and finish it up. It
21 appears that the stage3 tarball is in a state where not much can be
22 upgraded. Every time I try to update something, I get a list of blocks,
23 either packages or USE flags.
24
25 I'm going to try to beat some sense into this a while longer then I'm
26 going to bed, right after rm -rfv /mnt/gentoo/* is started. ;-)
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
34 how you interpreted my words!
35
36 Miss the compile output? Hint:
37 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"