From: deadeyes <gvm999@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: smartcard issues
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:28:12
1 deadeyes <gvm999 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > For logging in to servers we now use smartcards.
7 > For windows this works fine, however for Linux and Mac OS X it doesn't.
10 After waisting alot of time I found out the following things (I hope sooner or
11 later it will help someone else):
12 - for smartcard using through rdesktop you don't need a driver for the card
13 - you don't need to do anything with openct-tool/openct-control
14 - If openct has started stop it and disable it, also kill all ifdhandler
15 processes, you don't need them
16 - just use pcscd -d -f and then plug in your smartcard reader
17 - When started you will see the light flashing on your smartcard reader
18 - on 32 bit it seems to work fine.. however on my AMD64 it did not BUT....
19 - setup a 32 bit chroot (as described in the gentoo chroot 32bit howto) and
20 emerge rdesktop (with smartcard support) and pcsc-lite. (or using quickpkg)
21 - Now get the files from the package or from the 32bit chroot itself
22 (/usr/bin/rdesktop and /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.1) and copy them over to your 64
23 bit environment. I recommend putting /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.1 in /usr/lib32/ on
24 your 64bit environment. (Do note that everything else is 64 bit, so your
25 driver/bundle for openct as well)
26
27 I'll add any further info if necessary.