From: "东方巽雷" <dongfangxunlei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bios+gpt+grub2 boot windows
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 04:30:09
1 I have solved my problem by using uefi shell.My pc bios can load uefi shell
2 from usb fat32 partition.
3 Thank you.
6 2013/9/11 Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
7
8 > 2013/9/11 Yuri K. Shatroff <yks-uno@××××××.ru>:
9 > > Well, actually it *is* possible using "hybrid" MBR+GPT partitioning.
10 > >
11 > > http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/hybrid.html
12 > >
13 > > Also google for 'hybrid mbr'.
14 > >
15 > > I am using this setup for multibooting several OS incl. Win 7 without
16 > > problems for a couple of years.
17 >
18 > I almost forgot about hybrid MBRs... also it's fragile indeed, so I
19 > probably won't recommend it even if I thought about it in the first
20 > place.
21 >
22 > >> In this case, you must either revert to an msdos partition table (can
23 > >> be done w/o data loss IIRC), or trick Windows into believing it's
24 > >> running on EFI, i.e. set up UEFI DUET. Google that and you'll find an
25 > >> excellent HOWTO on this. Happy hacking~
28 > > An interesting idea, yet, probably, a little more complicated than hybrid
29 > > MBR for the sole purpose of multibooting.
30 >
31 > I've tried that on a VirtualBox VM last year, and I'd like to point
32 > out that describing the process as "a little more" complicated is
33 > serious underestimation. :D