From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:55:50
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 >Dale schrieb:
6 >>I agree with your reasons
10 >I don't. Totally wrong. In every aspect.
14 >>but some of the others have reasons too. I do
15 >>like my reason better though. LOL I put LOL for those who read text
16 >>only and not HTML. LOL, again.
20 >Don't send out HTML, please. Especially, if you don't make
21 >use of HTML features, as it then only wastes bandwidth
22 >with nothing useful being added.
26 >>I do wish someone would pick a way and let it be the only way though.
30 >Yep. And it should NOT be your way. Full quotes don't make sense.
34 >>It gets confusing when some top post and some bottom post.
38 >Yep. Then don't do it.
42 >> That really
43 >>wears out my mouse wheel. Go down, read a bit, then go up and read a
44 >>bit, then back down again, repeat, repeat. That is when it gets confusing.
48 >Yep. That's why bullshit like this shouldn't be done. Quotes should
49 >be done in the way I do it. Not because I do it (that's no reason),
50 >but because that's the way it's been done for a long time and (more)
51 >importantly, because it's been proven to be good.
52 >
53 >Alexander Skwar
57 Well, I'm trying to find out where to change it in Mozilla. I'm not
58 having any luck either. I know I saw it once but I left it like it
59 was. I don't change to many settings unless they are just something I
60 see here, desktop settings or something.
61
62 I just joined this thing so I have no idea how it has been done in the
63 past, I just got here.
64
65 Dale