From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Quoting styles (was: [gentoo-user] Eterm not emerging)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:37:19
1 Dale schrieb:
2 > I agree with your reasons
3
4 I don't. Totally wrong. In every aspect.
5
6 > but some of the others have reasons too. I do
7 > like my reason better though. LOL I put LOL for those who read text
8 > only and not HTML. LOL, again.
9
10 Don't send out HTML, please. Especially, if you don't make
11 use of HTML features, as it then only wastes bandwidth
12 with nothing useful being added.
13
14 > I do wish someone would pick a way and let it be the only way though.
15
16 Yep. And it should NOT be your way. Full quotes don't make sense.
17
18 > It gets confusing when some top post and some bottom post.
19
20 Yep. Then don't do it.
21
22 > That really
23 > wears out my mouse wheel. Go down, read a bit, then go up and read a
24 > bit, then back down again, repeat, repeat. That is when it gets confusing.
25
26 Yep. That's why bullshit like this shouldn't be done. Quotes should
27 be done in the way I do it. Not because I do it (that's no reason),
28 but because that's the way it's been done for a long time and (more)
29 importantly, because it's been proven to be good.
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list