From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] php & mysql problem
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:58:36
1 > I'm installing Apach2, Mysql 5.0.18 and PHP 5 on my laptop for a project.
2 > However, when I install the main CMS system (Typo3 4.0) I keep getting
3 > various
4 >
5 > supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
6 >
7 > So I did a test page to see that PHP was actually emerged with the
8 > correct USE flags
9 >
10 > '--with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql'
11 > '--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'
12 >
13 > And did a check that I have the socket in the correct place
14 >
15 > martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $ ls -l /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
16 > 'srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql mysql 0 Jan 3 05:35 /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
17 > martoni@SuicidalPuppy ~ $
18 >
19 > I've tried with PHP4 and PHP5, with MySQL 4.x and 5.x
20 >
21 > I still can't get the system up. And the code is valid, as others are
22 > running the beta code, and I had a Typo3 system
23 > before my forced reinstallation.
24 >
25 > I've read contless articles on Gentoo and Typo3 forums/lists but still...
26 >
27 > Any suggestions how to get past this?
28
29 There should be enough information in PHP and MySQL logs
30 to troubleshoot problems of this sort. Don't know anything about Typo3
31 but an app of this kind should come with a script which creates
32 databases, tables, users and grants privileges needed.
33 So I'd suggest to stop playing with PHP and MySQL versions -
34 they're pretty much backward compatible and dig into Typo3-related issues.
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list