From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to do about firefox
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:07:48
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > Firefox itself has any issues, but it does seem to have a memory leak?
3 > hog? something-- which saddens me, because it makes me feel like I'm
4 > using Mozilla again, which had these kinds of problems for a long, long
5 > time. Firefox was a big relief because it *didn't* have 'that damn
6 > Mozilla memory problem', but it seems to have developed it.
7
8 At the end of the day - it's still a massive improvement over anything
9 M$ have produced with IE. So long as you know the limitations you can
10 work around it - i.e. if you've been playing with alot of tabs, just
11 close it down and start it back up again when you're done (a few seconds
12 work).
13
14 And, I think with one of the tab extensions that you can download it'll
15 save the current tabs you have open and recreate them all for you when
16 you restart firefox.
17
18 I just find Mozilla (Suite) slow and cumbersome, although it does have
19 better Javascript support than Firefox (useful for IE-centric sites),
20 and Opera is propiritary and has an over-enthuisatic interface (not as
21 simple as firefox). Long live firefox! :)
24 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
25 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
26 --
27 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b2 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
28 up 1 day, 1:53, 3 users, load average: 1.61, 1.48, 1.39
29 --
30 "Sex is often quite funny. You know what's a good definition of
31 trust? Two cannibals who agree to give each other oral sex."
32
33 ~ David Bertugli
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list