From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:59:00
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver) by Mark David Dumlao
1 Oh and just to make it clear once and for all,
2
3 I was perfectly fine with the idea that my problems might go ignored,
4 and in fact my running assumption all this time was that nobody knew
5 or was interested in my particular problems. That's how mailing lists
6 work. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Half the fun of Gentoo is
7 knowing that you're kinda on your own.
8
9 What I just wanted to talk about was an additional factor that could
10 make the situation worse. It's entirely besides the point why I
11 actually was ignored. Think of it like someone reporting a trivial
12 buffer overflow in an edge use-case of a program. Fixing the issue
13 might still not make his particular use-case work, and the fact is the
14 buffer overflow might still be hard to take advantage of or even
15 encounter anyway. Still needs to be reported though.