From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:59:27
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver) by Mark David Dumlao
1 Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > (snippage) Half the fun of Gentoo is
3 > knowing that you're kinda on your own.
7 Hmm - I think the point of this community is that you are anything but
8 on your own. The (many) other posters have been trying to help you
9 realize that you are much more likely to discover this (i.e get timely
10 help) if you take the time to work out how the community works.
11
12 This is a very helpful community. However sometimes (rarely in my
13 experience) noone knows how to help your specific problem. Often asking
14 again, mentioning (despite it being obvious) that you have had no
15 replies, can encourage someone to specially look at it.
16
17 regards
18
19 Mark