From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My first initramfs
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 14:34:45
1 On 2013-11-17 8:39 AM, thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > you only need lvm if root/usr is on lvm.
3
4 root is on a normal partition, /usr is on a separate lvm partition.
5
6 > do you have kernel modules that are not compiled into the kernel in
7 > order to mount root ?
8
9 Ummm... I think I was *extremely* clear on this point?
10
11 Directly from the quoted text in my message that you responded to:
12
13 "but on my server (that has the separate /usr), modules are disabled and
14 so I have every driver and filesystem built into the kernel."
15
16 So, again, no modules, zero, nada, everything is compiled into the kernel.
17
18 So, I'm not even certain that I need lvm support (since it is built into
19 the kernel)?
20
21 And then, how to make sure I have reiserfsck (anything else reiserfs
22 related?) support?