From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo-User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Cryptfs
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:32:52
1 Hi list!
2
3 I think I have problems understanding the way /etc/conf.d/cryptfs works.
4
5 My goal is to open a Luks-mapping for /var with a gpg-encrypted file
6 on /boot and then open a mapping for /var/tmp with a plaintext file
7 on /var.
8
9 I thought it would work with the following settings:
10
11 /etc/conf.d/cryptfs
12
13 target=var
14 source='/dev/mapper/vg-crypt_var'
15 key='/boot/key.gpg:gpg'
16
17 target=var_tmp
18 source='/dev/mapper/vg-crypt_var_tmp'
19 key='/var/lib/tmp_key'
20
21 ___________
22
23 /etc/fstab
24
25 /dev/mapper/var /var reiserfs [...]
26 /dev/mapper/var_tmp /var/tmp reiserfs [...]
27
28 ___________
29
30 I've read the warning in /etc/conf.d/cryptfs about /usr on a separate
31 partition and followed their advice.
32
33 However, the setup doesn't work. I'm not asked for the passphrase, the
34 mappings are not created. What did I forget?
35
36 Thanks in advance!
37
38 Florian Philipp