From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bug about possibly incomplete bugfix
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 17:22:43
1 (I asked this on IRC more than an hour ago, got no reply, so here goes
2 it to the list.)
3
4 What's the policy when you think that a change made due to a FIXED bug
5 needs more changes? Should you just comment it, fill another bug or
6 change the state (I can't do the later, anyway)?
7
8 As an example (the one I am dealing with, bug 283744), I found out a
9 package was changed to add a behavior which wasn't documented in the
10 ebuild.
11
12 On one hand, the suggestion to add elog messages should belong to the
13 original bug (now RESOLVED FIXED).
14
15 But on the other hand this is a new problem introduced by the fix for
16 that first bug, and then should have its own request.
17
18 (And, as I can't change the first bug - which is FIXED, a separate bug
19 would be initially marked as OPEN, which suits the case of a new, IMHO
20 still unsolved issue.)
21
22 But what's the most polite thing to do?
25 Nuno J. Silva
26 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg