From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: systemd not starting wpa_supplicant after last update
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 01:24:22
1 On 02/11/2015 04:30 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:37 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 02/11/2015 03:20 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
4 >>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:37 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>>
6 >>>> Yes, thank you! Did you use systemctl to make all the symlinks? I just did it
7 >>>> all manually and it works, but I'm not sure how I would have done it using systemctl.
8 >>>>
9 >>>
10 >>> systemctl enable <service>
11 >>>
12 >>> That looks in the unit's install section to see what target it should
13 >>> be associated with. This is actually a nice feature - with openrc it
14 >>> wasn't always obvious when things should go in the boot vs default
15 >>> runlevel, etc. But, all that command does is create the symlinks in
16 >>> the target.wants directory, so you can just create those yourself if
17 >>> you want to. That actually works for anything - you can effectively
18 >>> add a dependency to a unit by creating a directory of the appropriate
19 >>> name and symlinking the dependency inside.
20 >>
21 >> The symlink that was puzzling me is this one:
22 >>
23 >> wpa_supplicant@×××××.service -> /usr/lib64/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant@.service
24 >>
25 >> The name of the symlink is not the same as the .service file it points to.
26 >> Is there a systemctl command that would do that for me?
27 >
28 > systemctl enable wpa_supplicant@wlan0
29 >
30 > That is an instanced service. It is a bit like creating a symlink
31 > from net.lo to net.eth0 in openrc. If you read the service file
32 > you'll see that all it does is takes whatever is to the right of the
33 > @, tacks on a .conf, and uses that as the openvpn config file.
34 > Another example is getty@ - you want to run 6 gettys and they all
35 > start/stop independently, so instead of copying the same file 6 times
36 > you just parameterize it.
37
38 Many thanks, I'll try it tomorrow morning when I'm fresh enough to deal
39 with any disaster I may cause :)