From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to prevent portage from installing masked package
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 00:44:17
1 On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 7:11 PM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 4:29 PM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 14:55:53 -0400,
6 > > Rich Freeman wrote:
7 > > >
8 > > > On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 2:04 PM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
9 > > > >
10 > > > > So, I have not been able to figure this out, it did not abort and
11 > > > > wants to install the masked package, so hear is the whole output ---
12 > > > > thanks for all your help.
13 > > > >
14 > > >
15 > > > What is the actual package.mask set to? Does the same mask cover both
16 > > > the installed and upgraded version of gtk+? It seems odd to me that
17 > > > emerge would even offer the option to continue if a package was
18 > > > masked. You might want to check with the portage team.
19 > >
20 > > The line in my /etc/portage/package.mask says
21 > > >x11-libs/gtk+-3.22.30
22 >
23 > It looks like the version you already have installed is masked.
24
25 Disregard this bit. Between quotes and
26 oh-well-I-can't-think-of-a-better-excuse I missed that there is no =
27 there. I would check for anything unmasking specific versions but I
28 have no idea offhand why the upgrade is happening...
31 Rich