From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enable "regular" network traffic when using VPN
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 00:34:28
1 On 06/08/2018 06:20 PM, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > What would be the "correct" output for "ip route"?
3
4 It's difficult to say.
5
6 I'd look up some of the *.i.company.com names and see what IP addresses
7 they resolve to.
8
9 I'd then reconfigure the VPN with "Use only for resources on this
10 connection." and then do something like this:
11
12 ip route add 172.16.0.0/24 dev tun0
13
14 Adjust 172.16.0.0 and /24 as appropriate for your company.
15
16 I'm not completely sure about the "dev" syntax as it's been a while
17 since I've done routes via devices. Check IP's man page.
18
19 The ides is that you want just the IP address space that your company
20 uses to be routed through the VPN and everything else to go out your
21 default gateway (192.168.151.1).
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die