From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What Gives - Anyone know?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:31:35
1 2009/8/14 CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>:
2 > For the last little while (not sure when it started), Firefox will not
3 > load .pdf files (also files with a .aspx extension) - it downloads them
4 > and won't even display them if I try  opening the pdf after download.  I
5 > have nppdf.so as a plugin.  Opera displays these files just fine - I
6 > have Opera installed as a backup when Firefox is giving me grief, but I
7 > don't really like the browser interface.  Guess I'm old school and stick
8 > with what I am used to - I've always used Netscape, then Mozilla and
9 > now, Firefox.  Anyone else have the same issue and know what's going on
10 > and if there is a solution?
11
12 I'm experiencing the same thing but I'm afraid I have no solution
13 other than first saving to file and then manually opening the PDF. :-(
14 I haven't really looked either, though. :-)