From: Devon Miller <devon.c.miller@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a star-map wallpaper?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:23:48
1 KStars (http://edu.kde.org/kstars/) has a command line mode for image
2 generation.
3 It should not be difficult to script that to generate an image, then
4 set it as the background.
5
6 dcm
7
8 On 6/14/06, 张 韡武 <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
9 > Hello. Sorry for my English if there is a more correct way of saying "Star
10 > map". By Star Map I mean something that shows the position of starts, as
11 > well as brightness. The more like photo, the better.
12 >
13 > Star moves in the sky all the time:
14 > 1) the star map in 20:00 is different from 21:00
15 > 2) the star map in today 20:00 is different from what it was yesterday 20:00
16 > 3) the star map in one city is different from in another city at the same
17 > time
18 >
19 > I am looking for an application dynamically change the backgroup of my gnome
20 > desktop, showing the correct starmap of the very city I am in, of the very
21 > day and correct moment. That might require the desktop image being replaced
22 > once 15 miniutes, that doesn't matter, that's what I need.
23 >
24 > Just U am too stupid to find it on the google, have anyone heard of such
25 > application before?
26 >
27 > The cloeset I could find is "nightfall"
28 > http://www.hs.uni-hamburg.de/DE/Ins/Per/Wichmann/Nightfall.html
29 > But still, that is too complicated and very accurite, what I really want is
30 > some fancy desktop decoration, and it's so much of a waste not having such a
31 > tool in an office that can see part of the sky.
32 > --
33 > 锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
34 > Real SoftService http://www.realss.com
35 > 销售咨询(Sales Department): 0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German, English)
36 > 国际业务(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English)
37 > 联系:厦门大学科技园,嘉庚二号楼6楼
38 > 邮政:厦门大学2312号信箱(邮编361005)
42 > --
43 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list