From: KH <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Movies from phone and camera, using vlc and mplayer
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:48:40
1 Am 24.07.2010 08:54, schrieb felix@×××××××.com:
2 > I copy movies from my phone and camera to my computer and have
3 > troubles playing them.
4 [...]
5 > The mplayer slow video is the most frustrating part. I like mplayer
6 > better than vlc, usually, but the slowness is really frustrating and
7 > it doesn't recognize half the keys it used to, such as [] to speed it
8 > up and slow it down. I was hoping to see if that would get the video
9 > speed back closer to the sound.
10
11 Hi Felix,
12
13 what kind of pc do you have? On my old laptop I have problems like that.
14 But this laptop has only 128MB Ram.
15
16 > I sent some phone .3gp movies to a friend with Windows. Won't play.
17 > Is there a decent way to convert them to something he can play?
18
19 Try ffmpeg or mencoder. Visit mplayers homepage for converting tutorial.
20 You might need to try a little.
21
22 Regards kh