From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Purging Gnome from the system
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:24:31
1 On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:01:10 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > First I updated USE and removed gnome, gstreamer and other
4 > gnome-related flags. I left gtk in for the likes of gimp which
5 > I do use.
6
7 GTK is not option for Gimp, so it doesn't use the gtk USE flag.
8
9 > Imagine my surprise when remerging openoffice wants to pull in
10 > half of gnome again. I can understand it needs gtk, I do not
11 > understand why it wants evolution-data-server, gconf and
12 > gnome-panel.
13
14 Remove eds from USE.
15
16 "emerge --tree --verbose openoffice" will help.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Windows '96 artificial intelligence: Unable to FORMAT A: Having a go at C: