From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:53:34
1 On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:58:03PM +0200, Marc Joliet wrote
2 > Am Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:06:10 -0400
3 > schrieb "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
4 >
5 > > I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
6 > > indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
7 > > anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles). I now have over 20 CDs that I
8 > > want to rip to flac eventually. I dread the gruntwork in renaming
9 > > tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc. What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
10 > > stuff that'll get ahold of track titles? Is it in the form of metadata
11 > > on the CD?
12 >
13 > I use a combination of cdda2wav (from cdrtools) and split2flac.
14 > I wrap them together in a small shell script [0]. It's not perfect,
15 > namely titles generated by cdda2wav can be wrong when the title
16 > there are double quotes in them, but other than that it has worked
17 > very well for me.
18 >
19 > [0] https://github.com/marcecj/mjoliet-progs/blob/master/rips.sh
20
21 Thanks. I've now switched from cdparanoia to cdda2wav, like so...
22
23 cdda2wav -vall dev=1,0,0 cddb=0 -paranoia -B
24
25 I get separate tracks and info files, e.g. audio_01.inf, audio_01.wav.
26 audio_02.inf, audio_02.wav, etc. I can pull the tune and artist from
27 the Tracktitle= entry in the corresponding .inf file, and write a bash
28 script to cycle through the directory, and use flac's -o option to give
29 the flac file the correct name. I have an issue with /etc/sudoers, but
30 that's a totally different thread.
33 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
34 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications