From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ripper that generates song titles?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 20:58:17
1 Am Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:06:10 -0400
2 schrieb "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
3
4 > I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) yesterday and
5 > indulged in a buying spree of 18 CD sets of my fave music (basically
6 > anything pop/rock/country pre-Beatles). I now have over 20 CDs that I
7 > want to rip to flac eventually. I dread the gruntwork in renaming
8 > tracks like track01.cdda.wav, etc. What Gentoo ebuilds are there for
9 > stuff that'll get ahold of track titles? Is it in the form of metadata
10 > on the CD?
11
12 I use a combination of cdda2wav (from cdrtools) and split2flac. I wrap them
13 together in a small shell script [0]. It's not perfect, namely titles generated
14 by cdda2wav can be wrong when the title there are double quotes in them, but
15 other than that it has worked very well for me.
16
17 [0] https://github.com/marcecj/mjoliet-progs/blob/master/rips.sh
20 Marc Joliet
21 --
22 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
23 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup