From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage screwup
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:43:12
1 On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:34:42 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I'm not getting any were with this; looking blindly trying to install
4 > older versions hoping it might help This Gentoo portage + attic is not
5 > getting any easier it is not documented officially how to install and
6 > run it and if I ask how to do it all I get is silly advice to google it
7 > up :-/
8
9 You don't "install" attic, it is an area of the CVS server. You copy
10 files from it to a local overlay, and setting up one of those is covered
11 in the Gentoo Handbook.
12
13 >> All ebuilds stay on the Gentoo CVS server, ones that are removed from
14 >> the tree in the "attic". If you want a previous version, download it
15 >> from the attic and put it in your local overlay.
16
17 See, no mention of installing anything. Download and copy "it", i.e. one
18 ebuild. Google isn't enough, you also have to read the advice given.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Top Oxymorons Number 35: Legally drunk