From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage screwup
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:34:34
1 On 04/18/13 22:10, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >Am 18.04.2013 15:33, schrieb Joseph:
3 >> What is going on with portage?
4 >> All the older packages are being removed and and some of them are not
5 >> even made stable.
6 >>
7 >> I've masked current one app-text/poppler-0.22.2-r2 but looking at the
8 >> web-page this is not even stable poppler-0.22.3 is masked all across the
9 >> previous version are all removed.
10 >> All the packages that I recently try to roll back are gone, in most
11 >> cases only one is available so there is no option to roll back.
12 >>
13 >> Am I missing something?
16 >The version of poppler that you have masked ( 0.22.2-r2 ) is stable. So
17 >it's not a portage screw up, the problem is more that you are trying to
18 >install outdated software.
19
20 I'm not getting any were with this; looking blindly trying to install older versions hoping it might help
21 This Gentoo portage + attic is not getting any easier it is not documented officially how to install and run it
22 and if I ask how to do it all I get is silly advice to google it up :-/
23
24 Maybe it is time for me to move to another distro.
27 Joseph