From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD performance tweaking
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:58:08
1 On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >
5 > I think the only way we'lll see 500MB/sec on that SSD is to buy a
6 > motherboard which has a SATA3 controller as its primary on-board drive
7 > controller and plug it in to that.
8 >
9 > Look on the bright side, someday when we upgrade our motherboards,
10 > it'll be like we got a free SSD upgrade for our troubles. :)
13 Support for your POV Paul:
14
15 http://techgage.com/article/battle_of_the_sata_30_controllers/
16
17 My controller is also a Marvell and the machine is X58-based so
18 results are likely to be similar.
19
20 I'm likely fighting a losing battle here, but I'll keep fighting for
21 awhile longer...
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark