From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BOINC and https
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:10:26
1 Paul Varner schreef:
2 > On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:26 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Statux schreef:
5 >>
6 >>> Unmerge the BOINC from portage and download/manually install it
7 >>> from the site. The version in portage is very old and for some
8 >>> reason, it hasn't been updated.
9 >>
10 >> <snip> Which is why I find the situation so odd-- how is it that
11 >> the maintainer has missed the very active development that's been
12 >> going on?
15 > Actually it looks like it is being actively maintained. However, the
16 > latest version in portage is in package.mask. Below is the entry:
17 >
18 > # Marcus D. Hanwell <cryos@g.o> (05 Dec 2005) # New version -
19 > initial testing
20 >
21 >> =sci-misc/boinc-5.2.14
24 Thanks for the heads-up. Now I feel better :-) . Don't know if I want to
25 unmask it just this minute, but at least I *can*.
26
27 Holly
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list