From: Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Daemons log on Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 21:27:49
1 The filesystem doesn't have this directory... any clue?
2
3 2006/6/3, Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>:
4 > Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
5 >
6 > > Hi,
7 > >
8 > > I can't find /var/log/daemon... Every time a service is stopped or
9 > > started I want to log it on /dev/log/daemon. In addition, I can't see
10 > > it on /var/log/message. I tried to stop apache for instance and the
11 > > system didn't log this event in /var/log/message, why?
12 > >
13 > > Leandro.
16 > Look in /var/log/everything/ and see if anything is in there. One of
17 > the logger puts it in there.
18 >
19 > Dale
20 > :-)
21 > --
22 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
28 Leandro Melo de Sales.
29 Computer Science Student
30 Laboratório de Sistemas Distribuídos - www.lsd.ufcg.edu.br
31 Laboratório de Sistemas Embarcados e Computação Pervasiva -
32 www.embeddedacademy.org
33 Universidade Federal de Campina Grande - UFCG
34 Campina Grande - PB - Brasil
35
36 "Sometimes people fall in love, but a little bit of them really love
37 or find a truth love. Or sometimes they find it but for some reason
38 they let love pass without live it intensely. This is the free-well."
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list