From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vim broken colours
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:54:41
1 On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Richard Fish wrote:
2
3 > On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
4 >
5 > You can try restoring the previous version (6.4) and see if it is
6 > still a problem:
7 >
8 I already did. Can't be without vim, and syntax files are a must.
9 > emerge --oneshot =app-editors/vim-6.4
10 Everything went back to normal.
11 >
12 > If this fixes things up, you can try the upgrade again, but take a
13 > closer look at the differences between the 6.4 and 7.0.17 vimrc files.
14 I checked /etc/vim/vimrc. The differences seemed unrelated to colouring
15 and indentation...
16 And I also read the version 7 sections of the vim manual.
17 > In particular, if you have a ~/.vimrc file, you might need to make
18 > some changes, and the diff between the two might help you figure out
19 > what to change.
20 >
21 I have, but it doesn't contain any customization related to syntax
22 files, just some mappings that didn't break...
23 >
24 Thanks.
25
26 Jorge