From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vim broken colours
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:30:49
1 On 9/4/06, Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt> wrote:
2 > I just upgraded vim a few hours ago to 7.0.17. Now syntax colours are
3 > simply chaotic, to the point that I would be better off with nano or
4 > such (but I'm not that desperate yet). etc-update wanted to update
5 > /etc/vim/vimrc, and I said yes without looking because I knew I didn't
6 > had it personalized. I also finished recompiling everything yesterday,
7 > due to change to gcc-4.1.1, so I can't be sure that the problem is
8 > caused by today's update.
9 > Any suggestion?
10
11 You can try restoring the previous version (6.4) and see if it is
12 still a problem:
13
14 emerge --oneshot =app-editors/vim-6.4
15
16 If this fixes things up, you can try the upgrade again, but take a
17 closer look at the differences between the 6.4 and 7.0.17 vimrc files.
18 In particular, if you have a ~/.vimrc file, you might need to make
19 some changes, and the diff between the two might help you figure out
20 what to change.
21
22 HTH,
23 -Richard